My birthday celebration started Friday the 11th. Danny baked me a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing and got some awesome authentic Italian pizza from this great place we found nearby. We caught up on our TV shows online and had a yummy date night in.
Saturday we met Kristine and Joe at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. This was my gift from Danny, year round passes to the park. On the way we got McDonald's for breakfast, the crepe master got to sleep in. The McD's was the greasiest I have ever had and the coffee was soooo strong. My stomach was not happy, oh, and I had been fighting a bad cold the past couple of days and didn't sleep the night before either from the non drowsy sudafed Danny bought me or maybe it was my messed up sleeping schedule from work. Anyway, after we raced from the gates and rode the first roller coaster I was ready to puke. I was starting to feel like an old fart who was loosing her edge at 29! We took some time looking in gift shops and doing some less jarring rides (ie Dr. Suess land), and I semi recovered. I pushed through and was not about to admit I just wanted to curl up and take a nap. Overall the day was so much fun. It was nice being able to take our time because we can come back all year. Favorite ride: the Rip Ride and Rocket?...or something, you get to pick the song that is played in your headset during the ride. Favorite game played: see how many disney things/apparel you can spot on people. Points were given for each item, Danny was the winner. Favorite Island: Harry Potter. It is amazing how much it looks like the movies.
Danny and I left the park around 4, then had to turn around after I realized I had left my phone in Kristine's car. Sorry again Kristine for making you walk to the parking lot for that. We got my phone and were on our way home. I fell asleep and then we were home, amazing how that happens. Danny had stopped on the way to get me some drowsy cold medicine. I showered, popped some pills then turned in for a 22hour nyquil induced coma. I'm not kidding. I went to bed around 6pm and didn't wake up until 4pm Sunday. I would rouse every 6 or so hours still feel like crap, pop some more pills, then curl back into bed. I had to work Sunday night. My first night off orientation and on my own, and with a head cold no less. Happy birthday to me! The shift went well, my preceptor was the charge nurse so I think she rigged my assignment so it would be easy. I'm off now until Thursday so maybe I will finally kick this cold.
Thank you for all the happy birthday messages left on my voicemail, they were nice to listen to on my way to work. Love you guys!
Side note:
Danny's computer is fixed! So hopefully there will be more posts to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment