Thursday, October 11, 2012

I have not been sleeping well. I am off for a week using my vacation time that will expire if I don't use it by December (stupidest policy I have ever heard of) and can't seem to get on a "normal" sleeping schedule, so I took nyquil last night. I was desperate. Also, the weather has been beautiful so we slept with the windows open.
At 4 in the morning Vic starts growling and barking. I thought I heard something out in the living room or maybe outside our bedroom window. With a nyquil slur I asked Danny if he heard something. I think he responded then went out to the kitchen. There very well could have been a madman in our house, but I fell back asleep. (Fact: We have 4 correctional facilities within 2 miles of our house).
Danny comes into the bedroom, "Karen! Where's the camera?! There's a BOAR in our backyard!" I stagger out to look out the backdoor window. Nothing. And Danny couldn't seem to get a picture of this boar that he states is "the size of a cow." (Fact: I don't believe this statement). After all the excitement I fell right back asleep to the glow of Danny's smartphone googling "boars in florida."
This morning our trashcan was knocked over and rummaged through, Danny did find a couple of tracks in our yard, and Vic went crazy smelling every blade of grass.
No matter how he figured it, Danny will not be able to shoot this boar with his shotgun if it ever returns. Our neighbors live too close and it wouldn't fit in our freezer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment