Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sorry its been awhile

I have pretty legitimate excuses.


Our computer was down for a few weeks. This 6 year old laptop is on its last leg. When Danny finally did get it restarted it was limited (we are still living without Netflix. Grrr). Even as I have typed these few sentences I have been interrupted 3 times with popups. Grrrrrrrrrr. Are you feeling my frustration yet?


Then I couldn't figure out how to invite people and actually let them view this stupid thing.


THEN I absolutely couldn't find a way back to my blog. Its like it had been eaten by the internet. I have no idea what strange force was keeping me away, but it did not want me to post. Danny has recently restored our computer...again...and my link magically appeared.





So here is an update:








  • I quit my job. Well, actually I quit my crappy boss. She is a bully, there is no other way to describe her. Friday was my last day.




  • I got a new job (before I has actually quit my previous job)!!!!! (excessive exclamations marks apply here) I officially start on Feb 13th, but the week before I take an EKG class and some other testing. It is a graduate nurse program with intense orientation for 3 months. Did I mention I never actually went through any kind of orientation at my previous job? I will be working on a surgical oncology unit. It is PCU (progressive care unit) level, which means more critical than a regular floor, but not quite ICU. The patients are cancer patients (mostly gynecology) who are having surgery and recovering for 3-4 days in the hospital. They also give some chemotherapy in the unit (I won't be trained on that for a year). I will be working at Florida Hospital Orlando...check out the website, the hospital is beautiful. The commute is about 45 min (thank God for books on tape) and the pay is better! I am so excited to actually start doing real nursey nursing and get a solid training.




  • I have been summoned for jury duty for Feb 13th, yes, my first day of work. I deferred it, quite easily online, until May.




  • We spent Christmas with my family this year, but did get to see all of Brownings to celebrate too.


  • We spent New Year's on the beach with friends watching fireworks.


  • Danny and I thought we had finished watching Battlestar Gallactica then found out he didn't have the last season! Amazon was searched, the dvd was ordered, and 3 days later we completed the series. My husband has officially made me as nerdy as him.




  • Danny survived a 2nd semester at ERAU




  • This semester Danny is taking Chemistry with Lab, Calculus, Machine Shop Lab (where the required materials are tools...he is in heaven), Space Studies, Physics Lab, and he is the lab assistant for another physics lab (required by his program but doesn't get credit).




  • We are looking to buy a house in Daytona. We want more space. We hate renting. We want a yard for the dog. Danny wants "to build a real estate empire." We have found a great neighborhood that is close to the schools and hospital; we know it would easily rent after we are done here in Daytona. We have been approved for a loan, but might be unapproved since the bank thinks I am a flighty bum because I wasn't in my last job for more than 6 months (They don't accept bullying bosses as an excuse). We are waiting until I am settled in my new job before we contact a realtor and beg the bank again.




  • We tried the Atkins diet. Well, I'm not sure you can really say I tried it...I only lasted 2 days. I have discovered I may have a slight intolerance to eggs in high doses. I was so nauseous I had to quit. Danny however lasted 3 weeks on no carbs. He only lost 5 pounds and according to our scale gained 1% of body fat. Today he quit. We ate ice cream together to celebrate.




  • We spent today in New Smyrna at an art festival, visited their farmers market, ate at the Taco Shack, and visited a gun store. The weather was beautiful and we were grateful for so many things.




So, that should bring you up to speed. I don't believe in New Year's resolutions so don't expect my blogging to get any better people.

1 comment: