Thursday, February 16, 2012

"To extend the healing ministry of Christ" Florida Hospital mission statement

I have been orienting all this week to the Florida Hospital way. I am so excited to be a part of this hospital (I wrote this kind of crap on all my applications, but now I really and truly mean it). This week has been so well organized and all of the speakers have been so knowledgeable. This company puts so much time into training its employees I'm pretty confident it will be an extreme contrast from my last place of employment. Most of the information has been extremely useful...and there was free food. Tomorrow I do an 8hr shadow day on my unit. I am so excited to finally get on the floor!
Here is my schedule for the next few weeks:

Mon 2/20: More orienting 8:00-4:30
Tues-Thurs 2/21-2/23: 16 hours of online modules to be completed at home
Fri 2/24: 12 hr shadow day 7a-7p
Sun 2/26: First clinical day! (and first night shift ever) 7pm-7am
Mon 2/27: 7p-7a
Thur 3/1: (I can't believe its going to be March soon!) 7p-7a
Sun 3/4: 7p-7a
Mon 3/5: 7p-7a
Fri 3/9: 7p-7a

That's right, I only work 3 DAYS A WEEK!
Feel free to call me to keep me awake on these work days when I am driving home from 7:30am-8:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment