Thursday, August 23, 2012

Enjoying our vacation days

Yesterday Danny and I visited a Pioneer Settlement in Barberville. We pass it on the way home to Gainesville and I've been wanting to visit. It was a rainy Wednesday afternoon and we were the only people there. It is a collection of old florida buildings and antiques. There was an old high school, a post office, a wood shop, a blacksmith shop, a fire depot, a train depot, a tiny farm with goats, chickens, peococks, and mean snapping geese. Pretty cool old stuff.


Then we made a stop at this place...I'm not even sure what to call it...stand? store? They sell random pottery and huge animals. It was just so weird we had to stop and look around and at least snap a pic.


After that, lunch at Tom's pizza in Deland found on urbanspoon ( we LOVE our smart phones). It was just ok, probably won't be back. But we are enjoying discovering the cool things in Deland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment