4 of the 5 days were great. The last day crapped on all my confidence and contentness with my job. I completely earned the next 6 days off the last night.
Recap of the last night: MRSA in the sputum+ coughing that sprays mucus from a trach=face shield that fogs up because I'm dying in my hot isolation gown, liquid poop from ankle to belly button almost dripping off the bed, lost count of how many tubes of blood I sent to the lab, stat chest xray, stat labs, more stat labs, call to the doctor at 2am, more liquid poop, more liquid poop again, really? more liquid poop, pleasant happy dementia, not so pleasant hostile uncooperative crying dementia, vulva wound care, vulva wound care again after a bm, very vague tube feed orders, suction the trach, clean and replace the trach? no, get respiratory therapist to clean and replace the trach, lost medications, many calls to pharmacy to find lost medications, 9 total accuchecks, and a crappy team of nurses working with me.
But, I survived and so did my patients.
No comments:
Post a Comment